Friday, April 15, 2005

Early morning venting

All this week I've been scheduled to be in at work at 6:30 in the morning. Which really sucks. What kind of world do we live in where people are supposed to be working already by 6:30 in the morning? I mean, farmers I can understand. They have to go around grabbing cow teats, and I suppose that is easier when the cows are still a bit groggy. I know my wife complains about it less when she's still half asleep. But I'm dangerously close to digressing. Scheduled to be in at 6:30. Of course I never actually make it in by 6:30, but still, the fact that by 6:31 in the a.m. I am already late for something is fairly depressing. It's like the Van Halen "Hot for Teacher" video where the kid says "I don't FEEL tardy." How in the world can you be late for anything at 6:31 in the morning? It's just not natural.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry.... I got up at 11am if that helps. Oh, wait that may not help at all. That may be bragging, or worse just mean. Okay.... lets pretend I got up early too. Really it isn't pretending, I prefer to sleep until noon. See I feel for you. :)

Michael W. Moore Jr said...

Oh yes, that helps a lot thanks. Just thinking about how other people get to sleep in late, living a life of leisure and luxury whilst I forego sleep to eak out a meager existence for my family, slaving away in a Maryland coal mine, always just one step away from starvation and homelessness, makes me feel just terif! :D But at least you tried to comfort me. I think...