Thursday, April 21, 2005

The ongoing saga of Captain Mike, scourge of the seven seas and lover of the ladies

Question: Why are pirates called pirates?

So anyway, today I had what I think might be a decent enough idea for a book. Of course I get these all the time, and they never amount to anything, so we'll just have to wait and see how this one turns out. I have felt a stronger than normal desire to write lately, but between work and fam and school and the ocassional night of drinking beer with either Lori or my classmates, I just don't have a lot of time that I can devote to writing. Not like I'm not writing anyway, between the pathetic displays of nonsense that I post on this blog, the updates to my OTHER site (I often wonder if my blog ever gets jealous of me talking about my other site as much as I do...), and my writing assignments for school, I'm actually producing more than at any other point in my life. So at least that's a positive trend. Oh well, I'm at work so I suppose I should go perform some mind-numbing task. But before I do I'll share with you a small slice of the pizza pie which is my life, My next classroom assignment is to do a personality profile on a famous historical figure, and I had fully intended to do mine on Douglas Noel Adams, longtime personal hero, we even share a birthday, but after much time spent shelving books in the pirates section of the library today, I've begun to change my mind and am now considering doing my profile on one of the great pirates. How cool would that be? I could even use the joke I found online the other day: Why are pirates called pirates? Answer: Because they ARRRRRRRR! LOLOLOLOL... Ahhh, I kill me.

1 comment:

Michael W. Moore Jr said...

I'm STILL laughing at that joke. It's a hoot.