Wednesday, August 24, 2005

What the hell am I babbling about this morning??

So yeah, isn't technology great? Apologies to all for my little display of texting/emailing posts. Sometimes I like to play with stuff. I'm like a little kid, only much taller. Douglas Adams had a great quote about technology, a little more specifically about how technology introduced at different stages of your life will affect you differently. Anyone who finds that quote for me will have my undying respect. At least for the rest of the summer.

Basically, I really like most technology, even if I'm not sure how to use it, or if I get so far as to figure that out, what I could possibly do constructively with it. Take texting my blog from my cell phone as a perfect example. I just can't envision a situation where I would be so desperate to post something that I couldn't wait until I got to a computer. Plus I'm pretty sure anything I would have to say that was that important would cause my fingers to cramp up from using my cell phone number pad to write about it. Plus, aparently you can't send pictures from your phone to your blog, even though I could almost see the usefulness in that.

Speaking of technology, how about that online poker. Oh. My. GAWD, is that addictive. Somehow I stayed up until 3 in the morning playing that last night. And I'm really old. I have no business staying up past the ending of Matlock, never mind 3 in the morning. But I did. One thing I noticed is that the skill level of my opponents seemed to diminish rapidly in those last few wee hours. I'm thinking this has something to do with a higher ratio of players living in California, where I'm pretty sure most people are dumb.

So I've decided now that if I want to win any money playing online poker, I just need to make sure I'm playing against Californians. Stupid Californians. Let's all have a good laugh at them. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ahhhh... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which poker site do you use? I wouldn't mind taking your money.

Michael W. Moore Jr said...

partypoker.com

Anonymous said...

We have an account there, and I would be glat to take your money anytime.

Michael W. Moore Jr said...

the username's digression43. I'm usually giving my money away early evening to sometimes as late as early morning...

Anonymous said...

Come on over to absolutepoker... more fun and user friendly.

Anonymous said...

what about using that time to write your book? it's a good idea, and I bet it'll sell. so you can make money rather than give it away.

though giving away money is nice.

take care

Michael W. Moore Jr said...

will writing a book get me to the world series of poker though. THAT is the question. That and something about being vs not being. I heart Steve Martin.

Michael W. Moore Jr said...

"I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies. Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and ordinary and is just part of the way the world works. Anything that's invented between when you're fifteen and thirty five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things."