Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Truly Underdeveloped Thinking

I just downloaded Blogger for Word, so I thought I’d test it out. I’m also going to be updating a couple of past posts, and who knows? I might just babble about a couple of new things while I’m at it. First I want to address the Kanye West post. It actually surprised me a little that of all of my recent posts, this would be the one without anyone making a comment.

Nobody has any opinions on this? I mean, I obviously think the man is retarded, but I’m sure there are tons of people out there who disagree, and think that he eloquently summed up the situation. I would particularly like to hear from those people, not to make fun of them or debase them in any way, but merely to let them know how stupid they are. Anyway, a friend of mine sent me a link to a lovely article about President Bush’s reaction to Katrina and if you’d like to read it, just click here.

The second post that I feel needs updating is the one where I mentioned a quote by Douglas Adams, but didn’t at the time specifically know what it was. Well, I’m all about information dissemination, so since no one else was nice enough to supply me with it, I went ahead and found it my damn self. It is as follows:


"I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies. Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and ordinary and is just part of the way the world works. Anything that's invented between when you're fifteen and thirty five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things."


It’s a good quote, I think, so I felt like I should share it with you. Any search engines out there who want to make life easy on people should feel free to link the search “Douglas Adams technology quote” to this page. You’ll save everyone a lot of time and effort I promise. Google I’m talking specifically to you. Stop being such a little bitch about how you rank pages and just give the people what they want.


Well, I do have some more stuff to talk about today, but right now I’m hungry, so instead of finishing what I intended to, I’m going to go eat a salad. Before I go, did you notice the new thing on the side of my blog that tells you how many people are on my blog? How cool is that?

No comments: