Sunday, September 11, 2005

Ancient wisdom from the west

The following comments do not reflect the opinions of anyone I know who is not terminally ignorant.


“I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family, it says, "They're looting." You see a white family, it says, "They're looking for food." And, you know, it's been five days because most of the people are black. And even for me to complain about it, I would be a hypocrite because I've tried to turn away from the TV because it's too hard to watch. I've even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I'm calling my business manager right now to see what is the biggest amount I can give, and just to imagine if I was down there, and those are my people down there. So anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help -- with the way America is set up to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off, as slow as possible. I mean, the Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realize a lot of people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way -- and they've given them permission to go down and shoot us!”

“George Bush doesn't care about black people!”

- Kanye West, Sep, 2005.

I encourage everyone to help anyway, despite the fact that apparently George Bush does not like black people.

No comments: