Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Who's up for punching some cows?

If there's one thing I can't live without it's my morning coffee, and, not that I want to sound all hoitey-toitey, or come off as all superior or anything, I'm not talking about American coffee. Which isn't to say that I don't ever imbibe a nice hot cup of the American version, it's just that I much prefer a couple of shots of espresso.

An Italian friend of mine once explained the difference between the brewing processes of espresso, and what we who live below Canada and above Mexico call coffee, but the explanation was extrememly complicated and may have involved the metric system, so suffice it to say that a double shot of espresso is not only pleasing to my palate, but will also perk me up for the better part of my morning, whereas American coffee seems primarily useful to make me jittery and upset my stomach. For some unknown reason I still drink it occasionally, but when I do I prefer it in a tin cup with only a little sugar, and hopefully whoever fixed it doesn't mind being called "Cookie", because that's what they will inevitably hear for the next 30 minutes or so while I fantasize about rustling cattle.

I'm weird like that. It's a lot like my somewhat erratic feelings for pancakes... but that will have to wait until next time.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure. Okay I'm bored now...

a wink wink a nudge nudge

Anonymous said...

Bunnies and pancakes..... now I have to check back. :)

Michael W. Moore Jr said...

Bunnies and pancakes are coming soon. This I promise. As well as tales of sweet cilantro. Mmmm, cilantro...

Anonymous said...

So the lyrics... where are they?

I can remember the lowley version, somewhat.

happy bunnies play all day
in the grass in the hay
all the while the sun shines on their fur of grey

happy bunnies are a lovely hue
like white and black but never blue
I'd like to be a happy bunny too

can't remember the rest. but does that sound about right?

Anonymous said...

I think those happy bunny lyrics suck

Michael W. Moore Jr said...

I think they mean well at the very least. I am going to post the alternate ones as soon as I stumble across them...

Anonymous said...

Didn't the happy bunny get drunk and run off with a hobo dressed like a clown or sumpin? in the real version...

Anonymous said...

happy bunnies and clowns? Now there's a disgusting thought!

Anonymous said...

Mortimer was gunna be Mickey but the name didn't quite make the cut, soooo... Mortimer became Mickey's rival.

funny how that works.

Anonymous said...

What's this about a hobo?